Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jap's Table Don

I know it's a little unconventional to do two write ups on one place but I have since returned to Jap's Table an embarrassing amount of times and just HAVE to share it with you!

I think, if possible, I am more in love with this little place then I was before. Upon returning - in costume no less, I trialled the rice dishes (or don). 

These little babies set you back $11.50 and are nicely presented like little presents. They arrive in a neat lunch box and half the joy is just anticipating what's under the lid! We tried both the Salmon don and Pork don - delicious!

The salmon is served sashimi style and cool on top of a bed of warm rice with salmon roe. The pork is grilled and fresh with a yummy marinade. Both are amazing! Our friends tried the Yakitori don which is the chicken version which is essentially the yakitori skewers (sans skewer) on a bed of rice!


If you are lucky enough to go when they have Wagyu yakitori order as many as you can! They are gorgeously succulent and tender! 

Rave, rave, rave!

Happy Eating xx


To catch my most recent culinary adventures head on over to littlelauren.com

No comments:

Post a Comment