Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bejazzled Jack-O-Lantern Candle

 It's Halloween time!! Though I'm not willing to commit to purchasing a pumpkin and carving out it's innards (as fun as it is!) I have committed to covering the house and garden with glitter to make this: A bejazzled jack-o-lantern tea light holder...

I started out with a clear glass candle holder, craft glue, sticky tape and a whole bunch of GLITTER!



Bringing the jack-o-lantern to life:

  1. I cut out a sticky tape stencil to protect the areas I didn't want orange. 
  2. Mix gold and bronze glitter with a generous amount of craft glue, it is important to remember you can always add more glitter later. 
  3. Paint the glass all over.
  4. To get better coverage I poured dry glitter over the glue mixture then mixed it all together with my finger to make it look more eve
  5. Leave to dry overnight. 
  6. When the body is dry paint the glue onto the eyes and mouth with a small paint brush or the nozzle and pour dry glitter onto the areas one at a time to avoid the glitter sticking in unwanted areas.You can usually blow most of the excess glitter off.
 And voila! You have your very own Bejazzled Jack-O-Lantern Candle!


Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment