Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Get set...


I think it is safe to say I underestimated this surgery. Although, today is a day of celebration as I finally came home today it also just dawned on me the true nature of recovery.

I thought in six weeks I'd be back to normal, alas it is six weeks till I can start trying to be back to normal...delish!

Perhaps I am being premature in dubbing this the lost summer but as it is February I think I'm okay.

So this week I will start rehabilitation through which I wish to be able to take a shower standing and unsupervised, pick up anything I drop on the floor, carry my laptop and hopefully sooner rather than later sneeze so I can get that over and done with. I almost sneezed in the car today and it felt my chest was about to explode open. Urghh! I will also in 6 weeks be able to walk for 40 minutes....in-a-roooooow! It's hard to imagine being so stationary but I'm told the schedule is the same for 80 year olds so maybe i'll be able to get there faster? Or at least a little easier! Fingers crossed!

But even with all that ahead I'm just super happy I haven't spewed in 36 hours and have just devoured some delicious prosciutto on toast. Perhaps this won't be my most adventurous year yet but I think it will be mighty exciting!

Note to self- my awesome little emoticons do not show up on blog... my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment