Monday, October 17, 2011

Light bulb! ding


So I sit here... on occasion, fairly sporadic occasions usually following a couple of hours of TV or being alone and pretty much complain.

Although statistics have recently shown as Australians we love to complain, I'd like to clarify that claim with, we love to complain when we believe we will get something out of it. Satisfaction, vindication, or a free meal, who knows but like any other transaction what is the point of complaining if you aren't getting anything.

By sitting here, when I do (not very often let's face it) I am doing empty complaining. I'm not gaining friends, information, or probably most importantly life experience. At this point I'd like to note I just heard myself saying this and I sound like a wanker... but here is my point.. I have one I promise. By sitting here and complaining I have no direction, no passion, no hobby, my life is a meaningless waste of incompleteness I haven't really given myself a chance to find any of those things. Instead, I've realised my greatest fears, identified them and then forgotten to follow through.

While I have had achievements, I have achieved over 200 facebook friends (despite my numerous attempts to cull, I mean honestly if I delete you as a "friend" why would you even want to ask me again?), I have accumulated more than 800 photo tags, I have been in more than 20 groups, even admin once or twice. But despite all these, very commendable achievements, my proudest moment in the last 6 months has been making that box (pictured in the post below).

So now, I have decided. I'm leaving this fake world of friends in an attempt to achieve, hopefully more than box making, and enjoy!*

So at the end of this week, after I have collected all my photos and emails off marky marky, I am going to close my account and hope on the train of life!**



* I will still sporadically post
** I will probably have less of a life as all invitations now are via social media... but it's worth a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment