Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY Valentine Cards

Valentine's day is just around the corner! To be honest, I'm not really much of a Valentine girl... mainly because it's the day before my boyfriend's birthday so it's generally pretty low key. Usually I get a little joke present or hand made trinket. This year I decided to opt for something a little more traditional a home made card.

Harry has been dabbling in paper cut recently so I stole his equipment, added my essential glitter and got to play with my new stamp set!

All you need are some plane cards, some craft glue, glitter, and a sharp craft knife. 


I opted to do something really simple as I'm no good with the knife, so I cut a heart window using a "stencil" I found online. I used the same stencil to cut out a heart shape with some spare scrap-booking paper. I glued the heart into the window and stamped on a little "love" message (these ones are for my bestie's)

As you can see my cutting was a little shabby so I decided to cover the the edge with some glitter.


The final card is for Harry so I decided to bling it out! For that card I cut out the stencil just this same then carefully painted glue through the window. I put the glitter on the outside of the card first and then applied the glitter with the card open so not to mix it with the front glitter.

I plan on pairing these cute little cards with some sweet sweeties.

Hope your Valentine's Day is all you wish!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment