Friday, November 30, 2012

Life lessons 1

I'm not one for me time. It always seems like an amazing idea before I get bored, watch a terrible movie, and end up moping about all the lies Hollywood feeds us...

This week I have been helping out one of my  auntie's by dog sitting her lil' pups and house sitting. It's a great house, like a palace for one with all the perks 35 years of hard work can buy you, so although not a realistic depiction of what my life will be like when I move out it's still pretty fun.

Although I only finished up exams a couple of days ago I have begun to really enjoy my alone time... (read alone as me, two pups, and the kardashians...) It's nice not having any expectations, doing things in your own time. I've become rather responsible. Without prompting I do loads of washing, water the garden, clean up copious amounts of dog poo, and of course it has given me an oportunity to practice my cooking.

Turns out I'm ace at a lamb roast, not so ace at the accompanying potatoes. My salads are getting stellar, pasta is pretty good, and I am handy with nearly turned vegies... grilled zucchini saves the day again!


But mostly, I feel a sense of accomplishment. This feeling is slightly dampened by the fact I paid $200 to do a diet and exercise program of which I have done nothing yet... but still acomplished.

Yesterday, to celebrate my 4 days of freedom before summer school I went to the beach. By myself. I even swam. I felt so relaxed and rejuvinated it totally didn't matter that my entire back was burnt!








No comments:

Post a Comment