Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lazy night dinner!

You have just come home from work, school, play and have a bunch of things to catch up on/ don't want to do anything but watch TV, but want to eat real food, as opposed to fake/ toast. 

Solution, plastic bag marinade! 


Of course you can make any marinade you want, all of which are super delicious and can be made with a number of left over ingredients, but last week I surprised myself with a really simple Teriyaki marinade. 

1 part soy sauce, 1 part caster sugar, and 1 part mirin seasoning  the recipe is nearly impossible to get wrong!

I had a left over fillet of salmon in the freezer so took it out to defrost when I got home. After it had defrosted I mixed 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, sugar, and mirin seasoning in a bowl until the sugar disolved and popped the marinade into the resealable bag with the fish and let it marinate. 

The recipe I found here, indicated you should marinate for at least 30 minutes but I got super busy and forgot about it and so pulled it out of the fridge the next day. Then all you have to do is bake for 5 minutes! The benefit of leaving it over night also meant I didn't need to open the oven and brush the marinade.

Simple, easy, and delicious!

Of course you can substitute the salmon for anything, chicken, beef, etc. Harry ended up making the same and only marinating it for 20 minutes with a minute steak and had the same delicious result. 

If you don't have mirin seasoning, I heard on the grape vine that you can either put more sugar or leave it out entirely for a saltier marinade. 

We also quickly sauteed some zuchini and kale that was about to turn, with a little oil and chilli, as a side. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment