Thursday, August 23, 2012

Delicious Duck!

I can't quite remember if I shared with you my love for my local Asian grocers and butchers... but I love them. 

It's not just the adventure, or the joy in discovering whole new foods, but you also get some super fresh produce for super low prices! Take that chain super markets!

In homage to my Asian grocers (and the recent season of Masterchef... yes I'm that person), I have become significantly more adventurous in my cooking. 

Introducing Harry and Lauren's tea smoked duck ala Amina Elshafei:

Amina's Tea Smoked Duck
In all honesty as much as I would have loved to have taken short cuts with this one we didn't, but as we were having it for a main we added some rice noodles and used the vinegar from the pickled radish to dress the salad as we had no orange juice... NB do not attempt to substitute orange juice with cloudy apple and mango juice, DO NOT DO IT! Oh also I almost forgot, we just used normal mushrooms as we couldn't find the wood ear. 
Our attempt

It was delicious! And if you don't infuse the oil, the whole meal is ready in a half hour. 







No comments:

Post a Comment