Thursday, June 21, 2012

IAmsterdam!

 
Sometimes jet lag totally works in your favour! Like when you need to be on a train at 9.30 and can't sleep past 7, super! So getting out first train proved to be a breeze!

After our four hour fast train, blowing minds at 300km accross the German country side( to which I will one day escape to...so gorgeous!!) we stepped off in Amsterdam. We have been considerably lucky with our hostels..always a fluke location seeing as I booked them all last week! So our three day trip was off to a good start!

Having not really planned anything other than accommodation and transfers (a fact that would later come to unravel me) we decided to discover through a little old fashion exploration.

Amsterdam is undeniably one of the most beautiful cities in the world! The houses, parks, rivers, bikes and people are just too much! I could just walk around forever...and that's what we did!

Pretty much for two days we meandered through the gorgeous streets, discovered the hidden ponds of the park and discussed how to accessories my pink beauty (bike) when we get home!















Of course our trip was dappled with much more touristy things. A visit to a coffee shop, a very inspiring and busy visit to the van gough museum ( it's always so annoying when you go to a busy museum..I mean crowds at a museum are the worst especially when you are short. Luckily I have developed fox like reflexes and oft sneak to the front. Rant end.) we mainly walked. In a little bit of a backward step we decided on what would be our final day to do a free waking tour!

**read free to mean with a tip, large crowd and limited info...but ultimately FREE!**

The weather was beautiful, while not summer yet, it's getting there! But I do have a confession. I have no idea what traditional Dutch food is! Even after googling briefly. Of course that's not to say we didn't eat in four days my girth has ballooned considerably...delicious sandwiches etc. the one thing I heard mentioned a number of times was herring. So I ventured off to find some on our last afternoon...

Here is what I wrote:

Herring. Slimy would be okay with some lemon. Has a very fishy taste... That lingers.... Couldn't eat the whole thing texturally. Probably would have been better without bread or like more ceviche style...rude? Perhaps.

Tomorrow we head to London via Bruges! Stay tuned! xx






No comments:

Post a Comment