Monday, August 29, 2011

Maths makes sense...


Life doesn't make sense. Especially when it acts horribly towards amazing people.

I have never had any real drive or ambition, as you may be able to discern from the below posts. I struggle to find something that I love enough to stay with. But some people, they just know. They know what they want, and they know why. My friend H is one of those people. He knows exactly what he wants. He wants to be a doctor. I want him to be a doctor, his parents want him to be a doctor, everyone wants him to be a doctor. Not because we are shallow and want rich and successful friends/children but because he deserves to be. You can tell when you speak to him that he should be a doctor, if by nothing else then his attrocious handwriting.

So it pained me more than anything else today when I found out that H has been rejected from medical school. Because he knows what he wants, and has worked for it.

It was more frustrating to me that he didn't get what he deserved then me not getting what I claim I deserve because he had a plan, a goal, an ambition and I complain about lacking in all of those.

I guess the bright side of this is that with a rejection true passion and ambition don't die like my half-hazard attempts at loving things. H will probably get into medicine some day if he wishes to continue trying.

Anyway moral of the story is that it stinks H didn't get into med because not only does that mean the world has one less amazing potential doctor but because it proves life, unlike maths, does not make sense. It stinks like fried onion, pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment